“HP printer not responding” is a common problem that can be caused by various reasons.
- Drivers that are not working or outdated
- Connections that are not working properly
- poor configurations in Windows
- And much more
Even the simplest things like not having ink or getting paper jammed can lead to frustration for any printer such as the HP printer! HP printer!
SOLUTION 1: Check HP Printer Status
Let’s get started with the most obvious and easy stuff first.
1.) Check to see if the HP printer is able to hold sufficient paper in the tray for paper. If you have paper, ensure that nothing is jammed or stuck in the paper feeder. If it is, check with the manufacturer about the best method of removing the paper, as you don’t want it to harm the motor’s internal structure or the paper feeder.
2.) Are your inks or toner running out? Refer to the specific manual of your printer for the correct method to check the ink levels and toner levels that your machine has. The latest HP printers can easily show the levels of ink, or the ink problem on the front on HP printer.
If you’re looking to have your HP printer repaired, you might be required to contact HP directly via customer service.
SOLUTION 2: Cancel all HP Printer Jobs
Remove printing jobs that have stalled in the HP Printer
It’s a little more complex, but not so complicated that you should not try it. In the course of the use that an HP printer, jobs you forward the printer for printing could be stuck in the queue for printing.
If the print job remains in the print queue, it will stop any other printing processes from taking place for the HP printer. In this instance cleaning the print queue of all jobs could help in getting the newer print jobs to be processed in a timely manner. Let’s begin!
1. Open Your Windows Control Panel and select “Devices and Printers”
The control panel can be accessible by entering “Control Panel” in the search bar of Windows 10 or in older versions of Windows press the Window the logo button along with the “R” key on your keyboard simultaneously to display the Run dialog. In the dialog enter “control” and hit Enter. This will open the Control Panel in most Windows.
2. Locate your printer from HP within the list of printers Make sure it’s the one you are having problems with. Right-click on the printer and choose “See what’s printing” from the drop down menu.
3. The new page will open. you can click to open the “Printer” menu item in the upper right hand corner. Select “Open as Administrator” in the drop-down menu.
4. Click your “Printer” menu item in the upper right and then select “Cancel All Documents”. A confirmation dialog box will pop up and you’ll need to confirm that you want to delete all the documents from the queue for printing by clicking “Yes”
Try printing over that HP printer to check whether the issue was there. If this doesn’t work, take the next step.
SOLUTION 3: Set Your HP Printer As Default Printer
Do you send your printing jobs to the wrong printer? Let’s check!
When you send an order for printing, Windows will forward the print job to what’s known as”the default” printer. If your printer appears to be connected, but it isn’t printing, it could be because the HP Printer is not set to default in Windows.
Therefore, all printing requests don’t go to your printer, but instead into the blank space of no return. Check that out and confirm that you’re HP is set to default Printer.
1. Open Your Windows Control Panel and select “Devices and Printers”
The control panel can be accessible by entering “Control Panel” in the search bar of Windows 10 or in older versions of Windows press the Window the logo button along with the “R” key on your keyboard simultaneously to display the Run dialog. In the dialog enter “control” and hit Enter. This will open the Control Panel in most Windows operating systems.
2. Look for your HP Printer within the list of printers Make sure it’s the one that you’re having problems with. Right-click on the printer and choose “Set as default printer” from the drop-down menu. If you get a confirmation prompt , please ensure that you select “Yes”.
There should be an attractive little blue checkmark under an icon for your HP printer. This indicates that it’s the default printer on Windows.
Give your printing a go to see if it can help you!
SOLUTION 4: HP Printer Troubleshooting
So, Does the lighting work? are they connected?
It’s not a bad idea to inquire. There are some simple ways to troubleshoot to ensure you are able to print on your HP printer even if it fails to function or hasn’t worked in the past.
Check the cables connecting the power source up to your HP Printer power plug. Also, look at the cable between your printer and it’s Windows PC it might be connected to. Is the USB cable secure at both ends?
When there’s a networking connection across the HP printer to allow HP network printing, ensure that the Ethernet cable is in good condition and refer to your manual to determine whether lights are flashing to indicate that there is a network connection.
Are there lights illuminated at the top of your HP printer? If not, and the printer does not appear to be operating then try disconnecting it and reconnecting it. Make sure to press the power-on button on the printer’s own. If the light does not show up, you could try a different power outlet at home in case the outlet isn’t working.
If nothing is working and your printer will not start, you might have go to a service center , or call HP Support directly to request help with hardware.
Solution 5: Update HP Printer Driver (Recommended)
If these two options aren’t working for you, or if you do not have the time, patience or computer expertise, to manually update or fix it is possible to perform the update automatically by using Driver Support.
Automatically updates HP Printer Drivers (Recommended)
Driver Support will check your computer for any drivers that are not working properly that are installed on your computer. It is not necessary to know which operating system your computer runs. There is a way to update HP Drivers automatically with the Premium version of Driver Support. If you’d prefer to update this manually, follow our tutorial here How to: HP Printer Driver Solutions for Windows
1. Give Driver Support Try ONE right now! and Install Driver Support for FREE!
2. Let the program run a free scan to identify the driver issues you have as well as any other optimization possibilities
3. Hit “FIX IT” or click ” FIX IT” button and then sign up Driver Support to start with updating your printer drivers devices that you have installed on your computer.
4. Once you’ve registered and put it in Premium mode, the program will guide your through each step and with your registration, you’ll receive unrestricted tech support through Our driver Support Signature Service! Simply call us toll-free following the registration